Monday, September 23, 2013

Word from the Ward

Here we are almost 10 days later.... If I told you honestly what it was like here you would say what everyone says, "I don't know how you do it?" I know how.... You just do. 

Shane has a sign on the fridge and it says, "You do it when you feel like it and when you don't." I read that everyday when I'm home and it reminds me to take the action!

Being in hospital tonight is like that. I have been away for four days, we have been transferred to the ward from ICU and if we want "good service" we have to build the relationships with this set of doctors and nurses from scratch. 

All I want is to go home, watch DVD's, and relax. However, I know Sierra needs me here. To reassure her. For her to know Mummy is here as well as Daddy (and Nanny) and for me to fight for her and alongside her to get the best possible "service", get well and get out of here.